Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24th..Pre Harvest Chemo

Monday they were so kind as to give me a quart of Cytoxin chemo poison to nuke me in preparation for the stem cell harvest next week. Put me down and out for 36+ hrs...
You probably don't want to know all the good stuff that can come out of you when they give you the really good chemo and for how long....trust me..not a fun 2 days. Need to do it to get the Myeloma numbers down to zero as much as possible or so hey tell me...
Numbers are good and as expected and now Wed I am feeling pretty good and even finished a tranny this afternoon.
Taking 4 times the Dex steroids and getting growth factor shots for 4 days to get the cells out of the marrow. Should be a week till harvest time and that will be an easy 2 to 4 days.
Feeling better and doin as well as can be expected overall...
On to next weeks excitement...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Daryl. Doesen't sound like much fun but I'm glad to hear you are feeling up to playing with the trannys - relative normality. If it will help with your treatment, I've got another busted one for you to work your magic on, otherwise it will wait until you get your vertical feet numbers back up in the 6 figures.

    You know how to find me if you need or want ANYTHING.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay the coarse Dad!

    I am so proud of you for fighting this, a lot of people find it easier to just give up. I know it will be hard but that is why we are here to help pick up the slack for both you and mom.

    I know it isnt always expressed often in our family, but we love you and will be there for you no matter what you need.

    Emma sends hug and kisses to Drampa!

    With love,

    "Baby Cakes" :)

    ReplyDelete