Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dex and Atrial Fibrilation...3/26

Another stellar day in the real world..Or so the tell me...As previously bloggedated, I did the Cytoxin chemo on Monday with 4 days of 40mg of Dexamethasone steroids following..Well as had happened once before as I came off the Dex,,My heart went into an Atrial Fib rhythm that makes the hearts 2 parts out of sync..Makes for a wierd feeling. Last time they zapped me 3 times to get it back to normal..This time we called and did their call first adn see what to do..Of course they said to call 911.....Uh Uh...not going to theUof W in an ambulance..Sorry, not my style...Drove (well, the wiffers did) with no problems..Onlyu took 2 tries to get me "normal" this time. S no mroe Dex for me..ever...They gots other stuff I can take...
Now maybe I can sleep tonight witht the Ambien they gave me..No real Rem sleep in 4 days...
Almost got there Wed after a "Brownie" graciously given me to try...Hmmmmm ..Flashbacks to the 60's.
So on to the daily blood tests and Growth factor shots till the cells are mobilized and they do the harvest likely on Fri or the weekend...That parts easy ...thank goodness...
sees ya.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having all the fun Daryl. Well, maybe not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- scary. Good thing you got it worked out. Cytoxin -- icky stuff from what I've read. They wanted to give it to me for my Lupus several years back -- I told 'em to try other stuff first. Here's hoping all goes well for next week. Brownies huh........

    ReplyDelete