Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16th
Wow....Loren Busch posted the blog link to the various vanagon lists..Got teary eyed reading all the well wishes..thanks group...Your making me feel ever so humble...

Got some news..Wed the 17th is meeting day. We meet with the Doc and team to go over all the test results of the last 2 weeks and find out which harvest protocol they will use and Thursday I get my central line put in (Hickman Catheter) that allows them to take my blood out, into the apheresis machine (stem cell separator/centrifuge widget) It may take 1 to 4 days (4 hrs/day) to get the number of cells they need.
Once the line is in, they will either give me Nupagen shots or 4 days of chemo to mobilize the cells into the bloodstream. Then after a few days they harvest the cells and I really get nuked & the real fun starts. nuff for now and will see how the rest of the week goes.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to good test results and hoping they get all the cells they need as quickly as possible. Your uplifting attitude is incredible. No news on the job front around here -- yet........

    ReplyDelete