Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 19 and outta the "apartment"

Feeling pretty well overall. Just need to learn to eat again and drink more fluids.
Nothing tastees good and get full quickly, so need to eat little bits at a time..Sweet stuff makes me Yarf....Get hydrated 4 hrs a day to make sure I "drink" enuf with a portable pump.
Only needing clinic visits 2 or 3 times a week, so we mostly moved back home today...Muuuuch more comfly and moe better.
I suspect in another week, I will be pretty much on my own...(according to me anyway, but who else maters) At least I can talk on the phone some as my chemo brain gets back to semi normal.
Matt has been doing well with the business end, so we may just have survived this whole ordeal.
later

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot damn, sounds like things are going along about as expected. Been waiting to see you emerge from the 'fog'. Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed your smart ass at SdM 2010 but we had a good time. Rode with a fellah that bragged that he had a Daryl Christensen tranny AND decoupler in his Syncro so I guess your were there in a way. Met some nice folks originaly from Rangeley Maine in a shiny Syncro Westy and we knew a lot of the same folks. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you've rounded the corner. I wouldn't worry about the business: from what I hear Matt is doing a fine job. You are a Vanagon legend. You could shut down for two years and we would all be banging on your door the minute you open back up again. It seems like half the folks at Syncro de Mayo had been watching this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up Daryl! I heartily agree with Brent... you are a legend among Vanagon folks and much loved by all.
    Peace, health and best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete